Dr Nigel Sommerfeld
Dr Sommerfeld completed his undergraduate medical training at the University of Queensland and pursued his radiology specialist training at the Mater Public and Princess Alexandra Hospitals in Brisbane. Winning the Uhr-Clarke Bursary in 2003, Dr Sommerfeld became a fellow of RANZCR in 2004.
Dr Sommerfeld continues to practice part-time as a Staff Specialist at Nambour General Hospital, presenting the weekly Intensive Care meeting and participating in the thoracic malignancy multi-disciplinary team.
Nigel performs a range of interventional procedures:
• Percutaneous nephrostomies
• Ante grade ureteric stents
• Percutaneous cholecystostomies
• IVC filters
• Cervical, thoracic and lumbar nerve root blocks
• Celiac and splanchnic neurolysis
• Transthoracic Needle Biopsies
• Thoracic and abdominal drainages.