In the current climate of the COVID-19 pandemic, Sunshine Coast Radiology is continuing to provide optimal quality diagnostic imaging and patient care to our valued communities. As a healthcare provider, we are very much committed to quality care, compassion, and service.
In these unprecedented times, Sunshine Coast Radiology is very much ready to play our part in supporting our patients, doctors, and staff (our communities). Our responsibility to service our patients in a safe environment is always our primary focus.
We will continue to provide services to both COVID-19 vaccinated and non-vaccinated patients. Our friendly staff will request confirmation of your vaccination status so we can ensure correct processes are followed to keep all patients and staff safe.
As per the current Queensland Government mandatory mask directive, from 1am on the 18th December 2021, when attending our healthcare facilities masks must be worn by all patients and carers regardless of vaccination status.
Exceptions to wearing a face mask include:
- children under 12
- a person with a particular medical condition or disability
We would like to reassure all patients entering our waiting rooms for imaging, that we have taken extra and all necessary precautions to protect against COVID-19 within clinics.
Sunshine Coast Radiology is committed to ensuring our policies and procedures with respect to COVID-19 are in line with the latest government and health organisation regulations and guidelines.
Prior to your Appointment
Please follow the instructions below, if you have:
- Returned from Overseas Travel in the last 14 days
- Have any of the following symptoms: Fever/Shortness of breath/Cough/Sore throat/Any other cold/flu like symptoms – including pneumonia
- Have been in contact with: Someone diagnosed with or suspected of having coronavirus, in the 14 days before getting sick
PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING:
- PLEASE DO NOT ENTER OUR WAITING ROOM.
- PLEASE CALL OUR BOOKING LINE ON 1300 697 226 TO TALK TO A TEAM MEMBER
You may be potentially jeopardising the health of low immunity patients suffering from chronic illness by entering our rooms.
Sunshine Coast Radiology is also encouraging patients to attend appointments by themselves, where possible. Exceptions will be:
- Underage patients can have a single family member attend
- Where a patient is having a procedure and needs a driver/helper
- A patient who needs the help of a carer to attend
All support persons/carers must be COVID-19 vaccinated to be permitted in our healthcare facilities as per current Queensland Government rulings.
However, for patients requiring assistance or consent from an unvaccinated carer (patients under 16yrs of age or with mental/physical disabilities) both the patient and their unvaccinated support person/carer will be required to wear a mask while in attendance.
No, you do not need to cancel your appointment. We are committed to providing radiology services within our communities. Please call one of our clinics or make contact via our website. You can be assured that servicing our patients in a safe environment is always our primary focus. Our friendly staff will ask you a series of questions over the phone to establish your individual situation concerning COVID-19.
A list of Sunshine Coast Radiology locations can be found here: Sunshine Coast Radiology Locations
- If you have been overseas within the last 14 days, or
- If you have been in close contact with someone known to have had COVID-19
- Where the patient is underage a single family member should attend with them
- Where a patient is having a procedure and needs a driver/help
- Where a patient needs the help of a carer to attend